PDA

View Full Version : Cheesecake Jars No Bake

CaLmInG MeLoDy 123
01-21-2020, 12:15 PM
https://i0.wp.com/www.flourandspiceblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/IMG_6808-2.jpg?resize=333%2C500&ssl=1

Ingredients
Cheesecake Filling

16 oz Cream Cheese (two blocks)
1/2 cup Whipping cream
300 ml Sweetened Condensed Milk

Topping

1/2 cup Dulce de Leche (or Chocolate Ganache/Fudge)
2 tbsp Cream

Biscuit Layer

8.8 oz Biscoff Lotus Cookies ( 1 package)

Instructions
Cheesecake Filling

Beat cream cheese on low until smooth, add the whipping cream and increase the speed, the mixture will get fluffier

With the mixer on low, add the condensed milk and mix until just combined. Taste for sweetness and adjust as per taste

Dulce de Leche Topping

Warm the store bought Dulce de Leche a little and mix with the two tbsp of cream to get a pourable consistency

Biscuit Layer

Put the cookies inside a large ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin, small pieces are perfect.

If you want you can use a food processor to break them up as well.

Assembly

Divvy the cookie pieces into two.

Now distribute an even amount of half the crushed cookies among your cups, reserving the other half for later

Take a piping bag or a large ziploc bag and fill it with some of the cheesecake mixture.

Pipe the mixture on top of the cookie base in the jars.

Give the jars a small firm tap against the counter top to help the cheesecake mixture settle.

Now add the second layer of the cookie mixture, followed by the remaining cheesecake mixture.

Add a dollop of the Dulce de Leche on top and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.

Recipe Notes

I love how the spices in a Lotus cookie complement Dulce de Leche which is widely available in grocery stores here. You can just as easily make a little ganache in it’s place. Simply warm 1/3 cup cream to almost simmering and pour it over 1/2 cup or roughly 110g of chopped chocolate. Let it sit for a minute then stir until smooth.
If you are using different serveware don’t worry – just think of everything in ratios – half the cookies are for the bottom, half the cheesecake filling for the first layer and so on.
I have suggested lots of flavour variations in the recipe post, but have fun with whatever you like!